Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thoughts on my last day..

So today is (unless something unexpected happens) my last day as a mother of one.. as my husband put it - 'we are going to be parents again'. Such simple words and yet it does make me reflect.. I have tried to make an effort to really enjoy my son and spend some extra time with him this past week as I know that things will be changing greatly in this household again! I am excited for tomorrow and nervous at the same time - like will I remember how to take care of a baby again? Will I be able to breastfeed again? Will my baby be good or cry all the time? will I be able to handle the hormone rush one more time? and so much more - but I know that is all normal.. and I know that things will work out just fine.. it's just one more step into the unknown :)

P.S. Check out Stacey's contest at Fun with the Friesens she is giving away a nursing bracelet from Amy May's Mei Tai's Store. Stacey's got pics and info to enter so check it out.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for entering Ellen! And just remember, it was hard the first time,and you made it through. You can do it again!! God made us able to do this, and He will be there to help us in the hard moments. Can't wait to 'meet' your little girl!

Andrea said...

Hey Ellener...just wanted to say that I will be think of you ALL DAY tomorrow...and basically until I hear the news!! hehe :) Hope all goes SUPER well (and you're going to name that princess Andrea, right? ha! Just kidding!!)

Allie said...

Seeing as I am just checking this out now - hopefully things are all going well and that your labor is progressing nicely. Good luck today - I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes.

And don't worry, you will be a fabulous mother again this go around. You may even find it a little easier as you have been through it before so will have that much more confidence.