Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Birth Story

*Disclaimer* The following is my birth story - so don't read unless you want details :)

Hopefully I can finish this before my kids wake up :) So I ended up going in for induction on Thursday, September 20 - I was admitted and the nurse hooked me up to the moniter for about 15 min and then the Dr. came in and gave me the gel for induction at 9am. About 5 minutes later the contractions started coming and were 10-12 minutes apart from the start. We walked around for a while since the contractions were not too bad - around noon things started getting more intense as I was going into active labor. Around 1 pm I was ready to take something for the pain and so the nurse came and checked me at 1:30 and I was only 3-4ish cm; I was disappointed since I thought I would be further. Then at 2 she checked me again and I was 6cm and from around that time I had to really fight not to push since I was feeling the urge but my cervix was not ready yet.. I think that was the hardest part - fighting against the urge!! ...finally by 3pm I was pretty much 10cm and the nurse was able to slip the cervix around the baby's head during a contraction. So I was finally able to start pushing - things continued to be fairly intense compared to when my son was born because when we started delivery my contractions slowed right down, but not this time.. After 18 minutes of pushing my little Kaelyn was born!! So over all everything went really well and fast :) Kaelyn is doing really well - she's sleeping good at night too, so that is a lifesaver - it makes such a big difference! She nurses at 12 midnight - ish and then around 4:30-5:30 and then 8:30 - 9:30 - ish.. and Tristian seems to be adjusting fairly well altho he is still a two year old (pretty much) so tantrums are still something we have to deal with! Anyway here are some pictures :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

yep...you have cute kids! It's a fact. And i'm glad you made it through another labor and delivery (not like you had much choice!) but it's still PAINFUL!!! :) Anyways, sounds like things are going well :)

Allie said...

You are blessed with two gorgeous children!!

And kudos to you for getting through the labour and birth well.