Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Schedule

I have decided that it's time to make a new schedule for myself, my kids and my daycare kids.. I've decided that I am wasting too much of my day just because I'm not motivated.. so I've decided to implement a schedule to try and help me and the kids have a healthy day, and make sure they are getting the attention they need (days when they get a lot of attention seem to be good days, for the most part). So my day will go something like this: (note, I want to do this on days with and without daycare kids)
9am - get up (if the kids are up earlier they will have free play time, also anytime before 9 is my free computer time too)
9-9:30 - get dressed and eat breaky
9:30 - 10 - kids & mom exercise time
10 - 5 minute healthy snack
10:05 - 10:45 - activity/craft/learning time
10:45-11 - Story time
11- 11:30 - clean up time (this can also include helping me with household chores too)
11:30 - 12 - kids get to watch a show while I relax a little and make lunch
12 - 1pm - lunch
1pm - naps

This is as far as I've got - I would like to make a chart for the kids, with clocks beside the activity so my son can figure out what time to do what (he likes looking at what number the hands are on). I also want to make a binder of pictures of different activites that they can pick from. I want to commit to doing this schedule 5 days a week for a month.. (I still have to figure out Mondays though, due to TJ's gymnastics in the morning). Here's to the first new morning :)

3 comments:

Allie said...

Yay! Good luck my friend!!

I find for us, if the weather cooperates, that we are active for the entire day outside leaving all parties completely exhausted come night time. It is the days that we are stuck inside that I struggle with more than the kids because I find that I am constantly challenged in keeping all parties happy and occupied.

I really like your idea of a chart along with a binder of activities!

Our schedule during the week when the daycare kids are here is a little like this:

7:30 am - Breakfast (my d/c kids arrive at 7:00am
8:30 am - Free time to play in the play room which has activites centers and such.
9:30 am - Team clean up and snack time
10:30 am - Pile in the car to go and pick up other daycare kids from kindergarten
11:30 am - Lunch time
12:30 am - Nap time for the young ones, quiet time for the older ones (meaning they can watch a movie, do puzzles or read books)
2:00 pm - Snack time
2:30 pm - Craft time
3:30 - 5:00 pm - Outside play time

If weather permits, we usually do our morning snack time as a picnic at a park, but of late, it is too cold and icy to do anything outside until late afternoon. I am so looking forward to the warmer weather!!!

Ellen said...

Yeah, I can't wait until it warms up here too, enough too send the kids out all day.. but we still have snow (although it's starting to melt now). You sure do have a busy schedule, especially taking the kids out! that takes a lot of extra effort. I can't my vehicle isn't large enough to have 4 carseats.. so all we do has to be close by!! and I haven't been brave enough yet to take the kids out and about yet, plus any playgrounds are still covered in snow :) joys.. yesterday was one of our first REALLY nice days and the kids spent the whole afternoon (after naps) outside, mind you that did end up in some wet feet (they of course found some water in the backyard!!) lol..

emily said...

good for you! i like your idea of an activity book.