Saturday, November 18, 2006

Opportunity or not??

Yesterday as I went with Kevin to the shop to send him off to work, I came across an opportunity or something like that.. There is a position available for Trinidad, it's the perfect job, as receptionist, perfect hours, good pay, it's hard to resist. If I didn't have a child I would be there in a second, but I do have Tristian... the ultimate question.. should I go back to work?? It's a monday to friday, 8-4:30, 15$/hour and the type of work I enjoy.. only thing is IF i found a daycare I'd only get to spend from 5pm to about 8-8:30 pm with my son (3 hours!!).. now I have always been the person to say 'why have kids if you are gonna let someone else raise them?', but now it's oh so tempting.. and the other thing is, it just seems that the timing is off.. the position starts Dec.1 we are moving on Dec. 18 and I have a lot of things that I need to do (packing/cleaning) and Kevin's not gonna be back here until it's time to move. So I have my work cut out for me.. I am confused and unsure what to do.. but I am thinking that maybe this is not my time (since the timing is off) and maybe there is something else even more 'perfect' that will come my way.. what do you think?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Ellen! Well, obviously I can't make the decision for ya, but if I was you, I wouldn't take the job. As of now, I don't think I'd ever want to go back to full time work. I just think that raising Tate is so much more important. The only way I'd go back to work was if we REALLY needed the extra money, and if I'd still be making more than a few dollars an hour after paying for daycare costs and all. Anyways, my 2 cents is that I wouldn't take it...not only because of the above reason, but because like you said, it does seem like bad timing. But I will be praying that you can make a good decision about the job idea! :)

Ellen said...

thanks andrea.. sometimes i need that 'yeah ur right not to' back up :) and it's not like we're gonna go bankrupt if i don't.. so i don't think i will, but i brought a friend there to apply cuz she really wants a job like that too, so maybe she will get it! i'm a wife then a mother then what ever else i can do with the time that's left.. hey who's got time after that!! haha..