Saturday, June 30, 2007

Working outside...

My mom came out last week to help with some yard work. I knew I was going to get my topsoil sometime during the week but not exactly when.. and thankfully it came on Tuesday. After sitting for a day, they came and leveled it Wednesday morning.. needless to say we were very happy since mom was going home on Thursday afternoon - so we worked all afternoon, and mom all evening yet too (I had to take care of my little boy - altho I'm sure he would have loved to play in the dirt too!!). This is us and the carload we drove almost half-way across town just to get a cedar tree home (we don't have a truck), and I even drove slow enough that it didn't dump out when driving on the awful, pot-holed roads!! And this is the finished product after they finished our sod.. it's hard to see, I know but it was the best I could do for now.. altho I must say that I am not totally done yet - there are some areas I have to get crushed rock in and some more edging too, but it's good at this point this year.. I shouldn't really be working that hard in the dirt anyway I suppose...


No comments: