Thursday, May 17, 2007

1st Born...

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes mostly, we figured it may take a while, so we were prepared for whatever happened..
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, it was a honeymoon baby :)
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Wow, I can't believe it.. almost disbelief..
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NO!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 21
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I had this 'feeling' and kept thinking, what if I'm pregnant, I did one test and it was negative, (luckey I bought the box with 2 tests) and two days later I tested again and sure enough I was positive!!
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Husband of course and then he was on the phone with his parents immediately!!
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Nope
9. DUE DATE? Dec. 10/05
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, but not too bad, could have been a lot worse
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Sour apple slushies, French onion Sun Chips and Wonderbars and sometimes chili
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? probably my hubby (sorry dear)
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? boy!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? no, actually people would ask what I wanted and towards the end of my pregnancy I figured I wanted a boy.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 37 and that's going one week overdue
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yes
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? no not really
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Queen Elizabeth II hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 7 1/2 hrs total, 5 hrs of hard labor and 1/2 hr of pushing
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? husband, I was induced so it was planned
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? husband and Dr./Nurses :)
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION - Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Oh yes.. as much as they would give me.. unfortunately they don't give epidurals here unless you medically need it, so I only got Morphine
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs 1 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? Dec. 17/05, at 5:31pm
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Tristian James Paul
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 1 year and 5 months today

2 comments:

Donna said...

Thnaks for doing this Ellen!

I love birth, pregnant women and babies ( I am actually going to school thinking I want to be a midwife!!)

Ellen said...

no problem.. I also love the whole pregnancy/babies thing.. it's just so amazing and exciting!! that's kewl that you're thinking of being a midwife, it would be a neat experience for sure!