Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm Still Here :)

I've been wanting to post for a while now but I really wanted to post a picture and as luck would have it, my kids have hidden my camera! I have looked everywhere - those little monkeys of mine like to snitch things and then they have these 'nests' where they collect various things. So far I haven't found the one hosting my camera yet, haha.

So, from my last post, I am thinking that there is a really good chance that baby has dropped. I guess we will see on Tuesday (my next Dr appointment) if my guess is correct. I have been having a lot of fun with lower back and tailbone pain (I am really hoping that this is not a preview of what's to come: back-labour). I have also recently been feeling some sciatic nerve pain (I had it with my daughter too) which is never comfortable, but thankfully not as much as when I was pregnant with her. Interesting thing, the other night when I got to go out for coffee with a bunch of ladies, I got several interesting comments. "you look so small" (thank you a million times, even if it's not 100% true it's way nicer to hear than the opposite). The other comment came from a good friend of mine, she mentioned that I was carrying much more in front versus how I carried around more with my daughter. This got me thinking. Maybe it is a boy... haha.. I guess we'll see soon enough. Just this last week 3 women in my church had babies, all three were girls! I think I am the next one due and so I am curious if I will continue the pattern or break it :)

In other news, last week was happy birthday to me :) That was the reason for the ladies coffee, there are three of us that share the same birthday. So for my birthday, I got to sleep in (YAY!!) and then as I was relaxing enjoying the quiet, my mom called to say happy birthday. So my kids, realizing I was awake, crawled into bed with me and gave me some sweet birthday snuggles and 'happy birthday's'. I just love the fact that they can now realize what birthdays are about.. it was so fun. We had a family type day. We went to the theater to see Despicable Me in 3D - they loved it :) It was very enjoyable!

It seems that with September on the calender page, everything has become so busy! Weddings, showers, cleaning out the garden (the weather seems to be telling us that it is definitely fall!), canning, appointments. All sorts of stuff has been going on! It's not stopping either, tomorrow is my son's first day at pre-school this year. I think we are both looking forward to him going back! Next week is my daughter's birthday and my parents are coming up for part of the week and there is a family wedding that Saturday too (in two weeks, minus one day) . I will promise to try and keep up on here, posting a little here and there so you will know how things are going with baby and whether or not baby has made an appearance :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ellen! Sounds like you had a great day :) Can't wait to see an updated baby belly pic.

Goofball said...

Woooohoooooo happy belated birthday


woooohoooo for the first day back at pre-school


wooohoooo for all those other excellent things you seem to be having around


and a wooooohoooo for still being around online as well ;) Have a good doctor's visit tomorrow

Kalle said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Emmett has just started making "nests" and where toddlers decide to put things just blows my mind. ;) Good luck finding everything.

And have a great dr.s appointment tomorrow.