Saturday, September 18, 2010

Frustrating!

Last night, all night and this morning I have been dealing with something really frustrating!! Lower back and tailbone/pelvic pain. This morning has been particularly difficult since I can't just do what I need to do! I am literally reduced to 1/2 a step at a time and hanging on to things in order to walk. Let me tell you when it takes 5-10 minutes to get across to the kitchen and back to get breakfast going for the little ones it's very frustrating!! I was reduced to tears between the pain and frustration of not being able to just DO what I needed to do. So much for my plans of doing Saturday cleaning today! Although I'm hoping that if I try to move around enough that it will 'warm-up' my muscles enough that I can at least walk half normal to get a few simple things done. It's kind of a weird feeling. Sometimes I can step and it doesn't feel too bad and then the next time I move in the same way (thinking it didn't hurt last time) and pain goes searing through my hips - not fun! Sorry to be a complainer today, I just really hope that I don't have to deal with this for the next 4-6 weeks!!

3 comments:

Goofball said...

yikes...what do the doctors say about such pain?

Andrea said...

Awe...that would be tough!! I sure hope you're feeling better today!

Ellen said...

Thankfully my 'condition' did not last the entire day (just until supper) and I've been feeling SO much better. Goofball, I haven't seen the Dr. yet about this (have an appt on Friday) but lower back and pelvic pain is 'normal' to an extent in pregnancy, a woman's hip/pelvis bones actually move and shift while pregnant to make room for baby. Although some women's hips don't and can then be too small for natural childbirth (that is common in my husband's family, most of the women's hips are too small to actually deliver naturally)