Monday, August 02, 2010

Respect?

This week the Marriage Challenge is about respect. Respect, in my mind, has been a difficult thing to define - not in and of itself, but what it means to respect my husband. What does it mean to show respect, or in effect what is considered disrespectful to my husband? I do respect my husband in my heart and mind, but how can I or do I show that to him (I mean men and women think so differently!!)? This week's challenge is a good start to defining respect as an action for me.

The challenge this week is: No complaining, criticizing, rolling your eyes, nagging or giving him any friction this week. Enjoy a week of peace in your home.

I am also planning on talking with my husband, to try and find out more of his perspective, what impacts him as showing him respect (building him up) or disrespectful. Some of these things listed may not bother him that much whereas other things I do might really bother and hurt him. I think I would like to particularly focus on the areas that build him up. I think if I'm focused on showing him I respect him it will be easier to not do those things that show disrespect. Either way, respect is a very important thing to work on in a marriage - how do you show your husband respect/build him up?

PS this is my 300th post :) YAY!

1 comment:

Sharon Cohen said...

Wow! 300th post and the topic could not be more important. Respect is something we might not focus on in marriage - until we're challenged to. Congratulations on your 300th post and the commitment!

I'm visiting from the Completing Him Challenge. Respecting my husband is something that I've been studying over the last four years. I've learned a lot and gathered a great deal of information on "how to and how not to" respect our husbands.

Anyway - now I write a blog about respecting husbands and I design greeting cards to support the habit - of communicating respect. You're welcome to drop in and browse.